Project Development Manager
Campus Election Engagement Project (CEEP) is seeking a Development Manager to help us raise the resources needed to help America’s college students become more politically informed and engaged. We are looking for a full-time applicant, but would consider part-time with the right experience and skill-set. Our team members all work remotely, so geographic location is flexible.
We are a national, nonpartisan, non-profit project that works with colleges and universities to leverage their institutional resources and networks to help their students register to vote, educate themselves on candidates and issues, volunteer in campaigns of their choosing, and show up at the polls. In 2018 we provided materials and resources to 439 college campuses with a total enrollment of 4.7 million students, nearly 25 percent of all college students in the country.
We are spending 2019 continuing to work with schools to get them ready to engage students in the 2020 elections, as well as working in states with off-year elections like Louisiana. We raised $1.4 million in 2018, primarily through individual donors, and are in the process of raising our 2019 budget of $1.1 million, as well as our larger 2020 budget. For more information about CEEP, see www.campuselect.org.
Our Development Manager will:
- Support, plan and coordinate our annual fundraising program
- Work with CEEP’s senior team, including founder and chief fundraiser Paul Loeb and grant writer Jan Brennan, to identify, research and solicit prospective individual, foundation and corporate donors. Our development function is also partially supported by CEEP staff members across the country who can play a variety of roles in assisting our development efforts.
- Identify and engage the fundraising skills and experiences of other CEEP staff
- Support and maintain ongoing donor communications
- Drive the creation of donor-related marketing materials like E-newsletters, thank-you letters or cards, holiday cards, and event invitations
- Manage our donor database, Little Green Light. Run reports, enter data and help customize it for maximum effectiveness
Development Manager qualifications and desired skills:
- A passion for youth engagement and enthusiasm for CEEP’s mission
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or three years of relevant experience
- Fundraising experience preferred but not required, other backgrounds could include organizing, advocacy or marketing/communications experience
- Strong writing, editing and research skills
- Extremely organized and conscientious, able to work independently as part of a team
- Strong verbal skills, able to ‘make the case’ for our work
- Ability to develop internal processes, systems, procedures and database protocols
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with professional discretion
Salary and Location:
This is a contract position reporting to CEEP’s National Director and working directly with CEEP’s founder. Hourly fee based on experience, will need to cover your own benefits. This is an opportunity to work full-time from your location with a fantastic team of staff on the critical mission of getting students involved in democracy.
Contact Amy@campuselect.org with a resume, cover letter, and three references.