SOCIAL MEDIA AND DESIGN INTERNSHIP
Campus Election Engagement Project (CEEP) is now hiring interns to assist with our fellowship program. CEEP is a national, nonpartisan project working with colleges and universities to leverage their institutional resources and networks to help their students register to vote, educate themselves on candidates and issues, volunteer in campaigns of their choosing, and show up at the polls. We’ve been working steadily to engage campuses since 2012. In 2020, we engaged nearly 300,000 students in 25 different states. For more information, check out our website.
The Social Media and Design Intern will work up to 10 hours a week in assisting the Digital Engagement and Communications Team with maintaining CEEP’s social media platforms and expanding our digital reach. This position will report to Rachael Houston, our Faculty Resources Coordinator and Luke Verdecchia, our Wisconsin State Director and Graphic Design Specialist.
HOURS: 10 hrs/week between the hours of 9-5pm EST
DURATION: May 3rd, 2021 – August 27th, 2021 (flexible)
- Currently enrolled students with a positive and friendly attitude
- A commitment to educating peers about the importance of voter registration and becoming an informed voter
- Self-starters who take initiative to develop and implement their work plans
- Access to an electronic device such as a computer or tablet and a stable internet connection
- Not presently serving in a fellowship role for another partisan or nonpartisan organization
- Flexible with time commitments and interest for voter registration/voter education
- Intermediate to advanced experience in graphic design and social media management.
- Work with Digital Engagement Team on campaigns and create graphic content
- Create digital media to respond to an ever-changing political landscape
- Serve as core member of Digital Engagement Team
- Attend weekly Team Meetings, Check Ins with Supervisor and submit weekly reports
- Ownership over management of one major social media platform in alignment with social media strategy which includes content creation, platform monitoring, direct engagement and interaction, and innovating new ways to utilize the platform.
How to apply
Please submit an online application. People of color, women, and LGBTQ persons are strongly encouraged to apply. You can view our statement on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion on our website.