Release of 2020 Annual ReportBrenna Limbrick
We are pleased to release our 2020 Annual Report and share with you the challenges and successes of the last year. Despite the difficulties posed by the pandemic, 2020 was one of CEEP’s most successful years. Our staff, student Fellows and campus partners worked together to adapt to the circumstances and create new ways to engage students in elections. Together, we are proud that we played a role in an estimated 10% increase in 2020 youth voter turnout compared to the 2016 general election.
The 2020 Annual Report speaks to the incredible trust and relationships that CEEP has with our diverse 609 campus partners, administrators, faculty members and students. Within this report, we hope that you will enjoy reading stories of CEEP’s successful voter registration, voter education, voter mobilization and institutional projects. But CEEP is not resting: we are already hard at work engaging students in 2021 elections, in state redistricting efforts and in fighting against voter suppression efforts. Most importantly, we are laying critical groundwork to further increase student voter engagement in the 2022 midterm elections.
In 2020, CEEP…
- Worked intensively with college and universities in 30 key states, with an At-Large Director serving states where we don’t have dedicated staff.
- Partnered with 609 colleges and universities with student enrollment of 6,366,837, including urban campuses with high minority enrollment, 128 community colleges, and over 100 Minority Serving Institutions.
- Supported 476 student Fellowships to implement critical peer-to-peer outreach and institutional initiatives.
- Helped 97% of reporting campuses send key election information via all-campus email, reaching a projected 6.2 million students.
- Created nonpartisan candidate guides to 38 key races, plus Spanish versions in relevant states.