Mike Espy (D)
Mike Espy (D)
Cindy Hyde-Smith (R - Incumbent)
Cindy Hyde-Smith (R - Incumbent)

Mississippi’s next Senator wasn’t decided on Election Day.  Because neither got 50% Nov 6, Republican Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith and Democrat Mike Espy will face off in a November 27 runoff election. Here are some key resources to help you turn out and vote. You must already be registered to be eligible, but you don’t need to have voted on Nov 6.

Nonpartisan Candidate Guide and Poster

CEEP’s nonpartisan candidate guides draw on candidate votes and public statements to provide a clear portrait of their stands. View our mobile-friendly guide here and download a printable pdf here. To download a printable poster with voting logistics, click here

Voting Logistics

(courtesy of Campus Vote Project)

Where Do I Vote?

  • Election Day Voting: Vote at the same sites as Nov 6. Hours are 7 am to 7 PM. If you are in line by closing time, will be allowed to vote. Look up your voting site at: sos.ms.gov/pollingplace/Pages/default.aspx
  • Mail Voting. If, on November 27, you’ll be out of the county where you’re registered, you can vote absentee. Call the County Circuit Clerk’s office for the county where you’re registered, and request an absentee ballot that you’ll have to mail to the County Circuit Clerk’s Office in time to be received by 5:00 PM on November 26th.
  • In-person Absentee Voting. If you’d prefer not to risk mail delays, you can absentee vote in person at these same County Circuit Clerk’s offices. These offices will be open Saturday Nov 17, Monday November 19 through Wed November 21, and from 8:00 Am to Noon on Saturday, November 24.  If the election is certified before Nov 17, they may be open earlier.


What Type of ID Do I Need ?

  • You’ll need the same ID as you did for November 6. All Mississippians voting at the polls must show a photo ID.  Acceptable photo IDs include:
    • A driver’s license,
    • A U.S. passport,
    • A student photo ID issued by an accredited Mississippi university, college, or community/junior college,
    • A U.S. military ID,
    • A tribal photo ID,
    • A photo ID card issued by a branch, department, or entity of the State of Mississippi or the United States government,
    • A government employee ID, and
    • A Mississippi Voter Identification Card.